If you're unsure of what to do to promote your blog and get it noticed, this article is for you. You'll find there are many people out there with blogs specifically within our field however many struggle to attract comments and traffic. There are three major reasons why this is the case:
- They didn't follow the steps necessary to establish their blog correctly , with an initial Blog Promotion Strategy
- They don't have an ongoing blog Promotion Strategy
- They do not blog consistently.
- Set up a ping list: A the ping list is an inventory of websites that monitor new content to be added to the internet. One of the first things you do is to create your ping list using this list from the Ping services that WordPress offers. It is possible to find a helpful list on wordpress.org. Once you copy that list then paste it in the 'Writing' Section of your WordPress blog settings. On your dashboard go to Settings>Writing, then paste the list into the box labeled 'Update Services And that's it. Each time you post the latest blog post Each of these services will be alerted and you'll begin to see visitors for your website.
- Set Up Feedburner: Feedburner makes it possible for your visitors to sign up to new blog posts. You want people who enjoy your content to come back to your website, and Feedburner gives them a way to subscribe to your blog and get notified whenever you publish new content. This means you get more traffic than the time it takes for them to keep track of your blog on their own. To set up Feedburner simply visit feedburner.com and sign up for an account. It is necessary to submit the URL of your feed . This is, most of the time, will be yourdomain.com/feed. There are other configuration options to play with but after submitting your feed to feedburner, you're ready for your subscribers to sign up to the new content you've added.
- Install a quality SEO plugin: There are several free and paid plugins that can help ensure that every blog post you create has certain attributes that can make it more appealing to search engines. I'm now using WordPress SEO with Yoast that is a free plugin. Another option that is worth considering would be SEO Pressor, which is an expensive option, but it offers more functionality and automation. These plugins will help you make sure your SEO on the web is in order.
- Send your Blog and RSS feed to directories The goal of submitting Directories with your RSS Feed as well as Blog is the same as maintaining a ping record. It is a good idea to submit your RSS feed and URL to inform directories of the fact that your blog exists and to update them with your most recent posts. These directories are visited by readers who are interested in what kind of content you provide. The most important aspect of this process is to make sure you submit your content to the correct category to ensure that your content with the target audience. A quick search on Google reveals an abundance of directories for RSS and blogs available to submit your site as well as your feed. There are both free and paid choices. Certain websites will require reciprocal links. There are companies which will submit directories on your behalf. This could be worth it depending on your budget.
- Register to create social Bookmarking Accounts:Social Bookmarking can be compared to bookmarking within your web browser, but instead you do it publically on a web page. This makes the pages that you bookmark accessible to people with similar interests on that website. As a result, people who share your interest can be alerted of new blog posts when you bookmark them. This drives visitors to your website since they have similar interests to yours and could be interested in what you're reading , or are bookmarking. One tip to social bookmarking is not to only bookmark your own publications in order to not seem self-serving. Be genuine in the articles that you save. Also, you should bookmark articles from a variety of sources that are not your own. It's also crucial to network and connect with the people on social media sites, so that your already-established reach expands and you gain more traffic. Some of the most well-known social bookmarking sites include stumbleupon, digg, reddit and delicious. Diigo, and hubpages. Social bookmarking sites are gradually becoming obsolete by Facebook and Twitter as the primary sharing sites, however , they still have a place to go for traffic.